What is Ayurveda?
Ayurveda (Ayurvedic medicine) is a healthy-lifestyle system which has been used by citizens of India for more than 5,000 years. It is the world’s oldest holistic healing system. Panchakarma is the best type of Ayurvedic detoxification, designed to improve the health of a person’s body and mind. In this article, we bring to you the benefits of an Ayurveda detox and exactly why you need one when visiting Tulum.
What is an Ayurveda detox?
Ayurvedic Panchakarma detox is a five-step process designed to boost a user’s health and strengthen their immune system. The process usually lasts from a few days to a few weeks based on user’s body type, age and prior health conditions and consists of a large variety of practices including herbal oil massages, cleansing enemas, a healing diet, yoga, and more. The five focus areas of human body during and Ayurvedic Panchakarma detox are as follows:
1. Nasya: Detoxification of the five sense organs
2. Vamana: Detoxification of the Digestive System
3. Virechana: Detoxification of the intestines in stomach
4. Basti: Detoxification of the colon
5. Rakta Mochana: Detoxification and cleaning of the blood
What is the connection between Ayurveda and Yoga
The practices of Panchakarma and Ayurveda are deeply related to yoga. Because, of their similarities in philosophy and health practice, yoga became a good supplement of the Panchakarma treatment program for Yogis. Yogic poses and breathing techniques as well as meditation sessions can add more value to Ayurveda detox regimens.
Why people travel the world to get an Ayurveda Panchakarma program?
People readily travel across the world to embark upon the unique experience provided by the Ayurvedic Detox treatments. There are many reasons for doing so. For example, the process is believed to cure a wide range of ailments in the mind and body including tiredness and stress, addiction to narcotics and alcohol, low blood circulation, digestive problems, migraine, constipation and more. Healthy people also sign up for the treatment because of the wide range of health benefits involved. Some of the benefits are listed below:
1. The processes involved in Ayurveda Detox can help reduce your mental stress and anxiety, as well as improve your mood and relaxation
2. It can boost your immune system and help fight off oncoming disease
3. You will feel an increase in strength and endurance (this will come gradually) once the treatment is over
4. Ayurveda Detox is said to slow down the ageing process and improve hormonal balance
5. Your lifestyle will improve in many ways, for e.g. you will pick up healthy eating habits and exercises such as yoga
6. Toxins in the body will be removed which will improve overall body function
7. You will sleep better and have a healthier appetite and digestion due to improved blood circulation
The above effects are just a few of the many positive changes that occur by participating in the Ayurveda Detox program and that is why the practise is so popular among tourists and locals alike.
Where can I get Ayurveda Panchakarma treatments in Tulum?
If you are planning on visiting Tulum for wellness and relaxation, then getting an Ayurveda detox is an essential part of the experience. You can book your experience at Mayur Tulum - Tulum’s first and only Ayurveda healing centre managed and staffed by experienced Ayurveda physicians and therapists from Kerala India.
Carry out your research and do take the time to visit if you happen to be in Mexico. The results may surprise you !!!
Note: Panchakarma Ayurveda detox is a very personalized program and begins with a prior consultation with a qualified Ayurveda physician. It is not recommended for visitors who are menstruating, pregnant, lactating or suffering from diseases like HIV/AIDS, lung cancer, Melanoma etc.